Follow by Email

Monday, October 6, 2014

Three Unique Pet Peeves!

1.


If You Don’t

 Think Pet-Hair is 

Angel Dust,

Then You Need 

a Reptile.




I drew this lizard for a children's story.


2. 
Please eat fruit if you plan to kiss anyone on the cheek.
Banana-berry breath beats burrito/burger breath, ten to one!

3. 
What’s with the LAST CHANCE SALE emails? ONE DAY ONLY! FREE SHIPPING FOR TWO HOURS? ACT NOW! HURRY! LIMITED QUANTITIES??

Look, I've written ad-copy filled with the need for immediacy but these annoying emails are not very creative and the last chance ones sound like BLATANT lies. I've been to the Panama Canal and I've seen the freighters full of stuff coming to America from overseas. Why do these big box stores order so much crap if they can’t sell it? Isn't that called inefficiency? Aren't these overstocked stores traded on Wall Street? Isn't our 401K part of this incompetence?
 Sheesh, maybe they're planning for the rapture or plan to clear out their inventory before some impending  zombie apocalypse hits downtown. Should I use these emails as an indicator of doom?
These stores are expecting me to leave my computer, change into something decent, drive like a maniac and use a paltry 15% off coupon immediately on something I most likely don’t need. Sorry, but my patience, blood pressure and temperament can't handle these emails. Delete. Delete. Though I shop at these stores and don’t mind knowing about upcoming specials, there is something about this LAST MINUTE stuff that drives me nuts. Message to store: I will go shopping when I feel like it and not any time sooner!!! GOT IT?

Sorry for venting, but what do you think?

10 comments:

  1. hahahahahahahacute tiny pale Chihuahua hair is angel dust. Scottie hair mixed with Tucson dust and dirt is not. But I do call them Dust Sprites from the Totoro movies !
    I so agree with the one hour quick lets do this now whatevers. I keep hitting the unsubscribe button but it never works.
    I may shop at these sites but I don't want the e-mails.

    cheers, parsnip

    ReplyDelete
  2. I get one just about every day--FREE SHIPPING, ALL ITEMS, 3 HOURS ONLY.

    Three hours only...every day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You gave me a chuckle, that's for sure.
    If I have to leave my house, they aren't getting my business.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have my vote!
    ALOHA from Honolulu
    ComfortSpiral
    =^..^= . <3 . >< } } (°>

    ReplyDelete
  5. Strangely I don't get emails like that.

    ReplyDelete
  6. We had the exact opposite happen this past weekend. Noticed a new Big Lots was open and went inside to shop. Never knew it was coming to our side of town, it just happened. Then when we were checking out at the register, they had to manually do stuff and the guy goes, "Sorry, we're not officially open until next Friday, so still working out the bugs."

    So there! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  7. If I had a spinning wheel, I could spin enough dog yarn to make hats and sweaters, scarves and mittens for everyone. But I wouldn't trade our dogs for anything. I just delete those emails as if they never existed.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I haven't seen any emails like that, but if I ever do, I'll hit delete!

    ReplyDelete
  9. "...maybe they're planning for the rapture..." LOL
    I feel you on the e-mail spam! Simply clutters the inbox.

    ReplyDelete