Monday, March 26, 2018

Anagrams of Penniless Hearts


If you like watching Wheel of Fortune or playing Scrabble, I imagine you know all about anagrams and the way one letter, can change the meaning of a word. Anagrams rearrange the same exact letters to come up with a new word or phrase.

There’s a fun link for anagrams at: https://wordsmith.org/anagram/def.html

When I entered the title of my romantic novel, Penniless Hearts at the above site, the computer shot out over a hundred funny anagrams. Here are a few of the best:
1.       Shapeless intern
2.       Inhales presents
3.       Insanest helpers
4.       Lash serpentines
5.       Elephant's sirens
The above phrases seem so alien in a refreshing, almost poetic way. I’d have to say, my favorite one is, Inhales presents. It evokes a greedy person who takes a deep breath, in order to hide his windfall of gifts? Or maybe it’s just a look of guilt, as in a person with a facial expression not showing enough gratitude.

I’ll try to use it in a sentence and I hope you can find meaning for the other anagrams to Penniless Hearts. If you haven’t read my book, please take a look. I would love to see your review on Amazon. It’s a present I will inhale and appreciate.
How would you describe elephant's sirens?

My effort: She inhales presents like someone who received too many at Christmas. 

Your turn:
Shapeless intern____________________________
Insanest helpers_______________________________
Lash serpentines_______________________________
Elephant's sirens_______________________________
Bonus: A leper's thinness________________________

10 comments:

  1. Those are funny. Now I want to try with one of my books.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Elephant's Sirens sounds like it could be the name of a drink!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's awesome. Wish I could sell it to a bartender! LOL

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. They used to have trouble with this in the D.C. area.

      Delete
  4. Lash serpentines? Ism't there a smidgen of cruelty in that?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Insanest Helpers that is what I need now !
    Finally got you back on my reader. Computer is a mess along with my phone.

    cheers, parsnip

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are indeed funny! Very interesting post!

    ReplyDelete