Wednesday, August 1, 2018

Still Grinning About July


The month of July began with a bang. We had the absolute cutest family members visit us during the week of the Fourth of July. They chased Pinky and Fiona and then jumped in the pool. It was non-stop fun and laughter. We even went hiking in the Santa Rosas, played Jenga and took the dogs for walks. One day, we visited an antique shop and a French soap maker in Old Town Temecula. This was immediately followed with unlimited supplies of soft-serve with toppings.
Pinky and me. I laughed my head off!

Chalk drawings on pavement, chess championships and a colossal number of crayons kept everyone entertained. Pinky and Fiona received extra belly rubs and forbidden, under the table snacks. Seems everyone did fine without computer games, phones and hours of television. 

Food was plentiful and dessert went on forever: juicy watermelon slices, scoops of ice-cream and apple pie. Not to mention oodles of hugs and kisses.

Then, after massive amounts of giggling…goodbye.
The day my cousins left you could hear a pin drop in Nebraska. Silence.
 
Fiona wants to know,"Where did everyone go?"
How’s your summer, so far?

9 comments:

  1. You had fun and actually lived a little - awesome!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There's a song like that..."Summertime and the living is easy."

      Delete
  2. My summer is way too hot ! and then it is hot some more !
    Granddaughter and Mum arrives tomorrow. so I will have a month of fun and too hot weather.
    Thank You for the photos of beautiful Pinky and Fiona. So nice that Fiona matches your sofa.

    cheers, parsnip

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The dogs had a great time too. Sorry about the heat. I moved from the desert where it's 123f
      and our highest here this summer has been 115f but humid. Stay cool Parsnip!!

      Delete
  3. Those are the types of family visits you treasure!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it will always be etched among my favorite memories.

      Delete
  4. Sounds like your summer has been awesome so far. I haven't done very many summery things yet. I have been busy with work. But- on the weekends when it hasn't been raining I have been spending time in the woods walking and enjoying nature. I would like to get to the beach before the summer's end!
    ~Jess

    ReplyDelete