Saturday, November 21, 2020

Thanksgiving 2020







Yes, even this year, with a horrible virus going around,
 I am thankful for many wonderful things. 

I suppose we used to take life for granted. 
This year it's on the top of my list.
Being alive and being able to share
life with those we love is a gigantic blessing.

 Of course, I miss relatives and friends, but I'd rather
 know they are snug at home,
 instead of taking a chance and being exposed to dangerous germs.

Fortunately, I also have many virtual friends like you, and I imagine you're staying safe!
It's not that I'm oblivious--I'm a writer and I have a great imagination. 
I can visualize you with a mask on, while you're social distancing!

Additionally, I can think of about five thousand other things to be thankful about.
What about you?



 

3 comments:

  1. My daughter will be here to prepare the dinner. Her daughter, and my great grandson will also be here. Of course, my daughter-in-law and one grandson live here. It seems my other granddaughter and her significant other won't be here. I did invite one friend when I found out she wasn't going to her daughter's home in another city, but she has other plans. Enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Our dinners have always been small but I like it.
    This year it will be Son and me that all. We have decided to have something different from the market.
    We just need to be Thankful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We went through our Thanksgiving and there were spikes in the number of cases.

    And your country takes Thanksgiving more seriously than we do.

    ReplyDelete