Friday, August 13, 2021

Another Circle of Life-My Neighbor's Figs

 

During a normal, non-pandemic summer, we might go somewhere and miss out on all this glorious fruit! Harvesting, cooking and baking reminds me there's an upside to staying home, in our personal Eden, surrounded by friends, neighbors, and beautiful trees.

 If you've tasted fresh figs, you know how sweet and delicious they can be. The flavor is hard to describe, but I'd say it's like a bite of apple, plums and strawberries all mixed together into one incredible morsel. Magical! 


My neighbor's fig tree


That's not Eve, but my neighbor, picking figs from her tree.



Fresh Figs

Fresh Fig Bar


3 comments:

  1. I've had fresh figs - just not my thing. But I do agree with you about staying home in our own person Edens!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful tree. I love figs. My neighbor had a fig tree and had to net it ever year so he could have some. The birds never let him have any. He always let me pick as many as I wanted.

    ReplyDelete