Wednesday, February 27, 2019

Library Love!





So sorry that you weren't able to make it to our local library last Tuesday. My presentation took place in a large room filled with smiling faces and lots of hospitality. There were snacks galore, such as cake, sandwiches, appetizers, cookies, muffins, etc.  What a wonderful group of kind and generous human beings! I want to thank the Friends of the Murrieta Library for allowing me to speak. It was a huge honor. Of course I talked about my books and The Intangible Heart.
 Here are snippets from my talk:
My name is Eve Gaal and I’m a local author from Wildomar and a member of the Diamond Valley Writer’s Guild. My hobbies include reading, crocheting and walking my naughty chihuahuas.

One of my favorite books is The Little Prince by Antoine de Saint Exupery. Most consider it a children’s book but it has tremendous words of wisdom, which I’m sure most of you have heard: “It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye.” 
Which leads me to what I call: The Intangible Heart. Not the vessels, aorta and throbbing organ pumping blood throughout our body, but the biggest, best piece of equipment we have. Because even though we can manage anger, hunger, most of our tears and bodily functions, there are things we can’t control. And yet, we’ve been given this super power that allows us complete control of our non-tangible hearts. Total free will to love.
These hearts of ours prep like Olympic athletes because they feel our emotions. We have those bad days, and sad days that take our breath away. But like the song from the movie Titanic, “Our hearts will go on.” It’s part of our inner spirit. It is a gift. It can reproduce as much love as you want to give. The more we give, the more we receive.

Most everything I write is about a lost character who needs to find a way back, through an adventure of trials and errors where love saves the day!


I’m convinced everything happens for a reason. Not much is random. Maybe confetti.
Ask yourself. How much of your life can you control?
Have you ever tried to train a cat?
Nail jello to the wall?

Remember the Little Prince and how he wanted total control of his rose, so much so, that he placed it under a glass dome?
But we don’t live on Asteroid B612.
Here on Earth, it seems things can appear out of control. And that’s when we reach for love. We can let our inner riches flow and our heartfelt undying gifts spread like wildfire. Love is the shield that protects better than an iron umbrella in a rainstorm of negativity. Love is our weapon. People say, “Oh that’s impossible,” but then someone comes along and surprises everyone by doing it. Love is the footstool that helps us climb over barricades. Love is the reason there are miracles. Things we can’t explain.
When you leave behind a legacy of love, you will be remembered forever. Not because you have the biggest house, the fastest car or the prettiest hair. It’s your story. Create the ending you want.

And so on....After this I gave examples from my own life when I was not in control and yet still unafraid. Then I also read a paragraph from Penniless Souls. After that, we did an exercise to manifest love. We closed our eyes and imagined our intangible heart  producing heart shaped flyers we could pass out to everyone. I called it a slot machine/ copy machine combination. Everyone went home with a figurative jackpot of love. 

I ended with the following:
For me, love’s the reason I breathe, the reason I write and the reason I am here. And while I may not be the greatest writer, in my intangible heart, I am extremely grateful to those who read and review my books.  Please support your local authors. 

8 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks Alex! I don't know about 'huge' success, but it went well.

      Delete
  2. It sounds like you enjoyed that event.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well said, although, I'm one of those that do not shed tears. It's probably why I have a dry eye syndrom. Tweeted.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know you're a tough cookie and a lovely, loving person too.Thanks for stopping by my blog.

      Delete
  4. Oh I wish I could have been there ! It sounds like it was a fun day and a great day for you. I am so happy they treated you so well.

    cheers, parsnip

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Parsnip! I wish you had been able to attend but you were way over in Arizona. The thought of you clapping in the audience, makes me smile.♥️

      Delete