It took something like Facebook to show us that some of our friends simply don’t have a sense of humor. Have you ever been un-friended?
I have and it hurts.
First of all, I visit Facebook to:
1. Communicate with friends 2. Talk about writing 3. Entertainment purposes only.
There are a myriad of other places available to find pain and agony. If someone is spewing hatred, violence or anything that turns my stomach, I don’t necessarily un-friend but I might block that kind of post from my news-feed.
Anyway, here are my lighthearted suggestions for things you should steer clear of on FB.
And admittedly, I'm guilty of a few....
Top Ten Ways to Get Un-friended on Facebook-
or as Dirty Harry would say, "A man's got to know his limitations."
1. Be honest about politics.
2. Be honest about religion.
3. Over promote your novel.
4. Promote your friend’s books.
5. Share one too many dog videos.
6. “Like” the embarrassing family photo.
7. Admit you eat things with Gluten.
8. Be critical of everything and have a low tolerance for the opinion of others.
9. Spell like a caveman.
10. Use profanity freely. (There are kids on FB.)
Are you on Facebook? Did anyone un-friend you? Did I miss anything?